Healthcare stocks finished up 1.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is up 6.1% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 4.0% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is up 3.8% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.7% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 3.4% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.