Healthcare stocks fell on Wall Street so far on Friday, down 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Merit Medical Systems (MMSI): MMSI stock is up 15.3% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 4.7% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is up 3.0% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 1.1% today and up 40.0% in the last month.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 0.7% today and up 115.0% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 17.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 5.7% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 4.8% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 3.0% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 2.5% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 2.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.