Healthcare stocks fell on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is up 12.2% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 2.2% today and up 21.5% in the last month.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Bio-Reference Laboratories (BRLI): BRLI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.