Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 1.2% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 1.2% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 0.6% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.