Healthcare stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 5.7% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 5.1% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.2% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 3.5% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 3.4% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 3.4% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 0.7% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 0.2% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 0.1% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.