Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.8% and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is up 4.8% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 3.4% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.2% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.