Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.8% and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is up 4.8% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 3.4% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.2% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.