Services stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Gannett Co. Inc (GCI): GCI stock is up 6.7% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is up 5.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Irsa Inversiones Y Representaciones S.A. (IRS): IRS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Omnicom Group Inc (OMC): OMC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Pearson Plc (PSO): PSO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG): IPG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Time Warner Inc (TWX): TWX stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is down 1.8% today and down 22.6% in the last month.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 1.8% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI): OHI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Rogers Communication (RCI): RCI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Rayonier Inc. REIT (RYN): RYN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Retail Properties of America (RPAI): RPAI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc (IVR): IVR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH): SNH stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.