Technology stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Arris Group Inc (ARRS): ARRS stock is up 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Applied Materials (AMAT): AMAT stock is up 2.9% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Sunpower Corp (SPWR): SPWR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Trimble Navigation Limited (TRMB): TRMB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Kla-Tencor Corp (KLAC): KLAC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is down 1.7% today and down 24.2% in the last month.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd (CHKP): CHKP stock is down 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Synchronoss Technologies (SNCR): SNCR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Asm International N.V. (ASMI): ASMI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Nice-Systems Limited (NICE): NICE stock is down 0.7% today.
- NCR Corp (NCR): NCR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is down 0.6% today.
- Rogers Corp (ROG): ROG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.