Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is up 5.0% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is up 3.6% today.
- Vasco Data Security International (VDSI): VDSI stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Iac/Interactivecorp (IACI): IACI stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is up 2.2% today.
- First Solar (FSLR): FSLR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is down 3.2% today.
- Corning Inc (GLW): GLW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sina Corp (SINA): SINA stock is down 2.1% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Silicon Motion Technology Corp (SIMO): SIMO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Flextronics International Ltd (FLEX): FLEX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.