Technology stocks finished up 1.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.5% and the S&P 500 rose 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 4.6% today.
- Asm International N.V. (ASMI): ASMI stock is up 4.6% today.
- Qlogic Corp (QLGC): QLGC stock is up 4.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 4.1% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is up 3.6% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Energizer Holdings Inc (ENR): ENR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD): BRCD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is down 3.1% today on 11 times normal volume.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Anixter International Inc (AXE): AXE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Power Integrations (POWI): POWI stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Caci International (CACI): CACI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sandisk Corp (SNDK): SNDK stock is down 0.5% today and down 22.0% in the last month.
- Mentor Graphics Corp (MENT): MENT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): ZNGA stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.