Transportation stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 4.0% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.4% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.2% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.