Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 1.4% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.