Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 3.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 1.5% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 2.2% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 1.1% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 0.5% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.