Transportation stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed gains:
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.