Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.3% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.6% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.