Utilities stocks declined 0.1% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 3.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.8% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 3.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 2.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 3.1% today and down 23.4% in the last month.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.