Basic materials stocks declined 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was up 1.5% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 9.9% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 0.4% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.2% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 3.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 3.2% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.2% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.