Basic materials stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 26.7% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 8.1% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 7.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 4.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.6% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 3.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 8.4% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 3.4% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.5% today and down 23.7% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.