Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 6.4% today and down 28.4% in the last month.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 5.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 5.3% today and down 29.6% in the last month.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 3.7% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 4.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 5.0% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 4.1% today and down 25.9% in the last month.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 4.4% today and down 34.1% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.