Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 6.4% today and down 28.4% in the last month.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 5.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 5.3% today and down 29.6% in the last month.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 3.7% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 4.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 5.0% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 4.1% today and down 25.9% in the last month.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 4.4% today and down 34.1% in the last month.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.