Basic materials stocks finished down 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 4.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 0.5% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.4% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 0.4% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 5.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 4.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.6% today and down 27.0% in the last month.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 3.6% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.5% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.