Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 7.4% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.8% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 9.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 4.1% today and down 25.1% in the last month.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 5.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 4.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.6% today and down 30.8% in the last month.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 4.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 4.6% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.9% today and down 23.1% in the last month.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 4.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 3.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.