Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 0.7% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.7% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 1.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.