Basic materials stocks fell 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 7.4% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 5.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 4.3% today and down 27.4% in the last month.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 3.3% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 3.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.2% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.