Basic materials stocks finished down 1.1% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 0.4% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 0.1% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 7.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 6.2% today and down 24.4% in the last month.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 5.1% today and down 24.8% in the last month.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 4.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.3% today and down 23.1% in the last month.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.5% today and down 23.6% in the last month.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 3.3% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.2% today and down 24.0% in the last month.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 3.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.