Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.4% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 0.8% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is down 0.1% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.5% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.