Capital goods stocks rose 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq was up 1.2% and the S&P 500 rose 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 3.8% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 2.6% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 2.0% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 1.1% today and down 20.6% in the last month.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 0.5% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 0.3% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.