Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 3.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 2.8% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 2.1% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.