Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 0.3% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 5.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 5.4% today and down 21.8% in the last month.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 5.3% today and down 21.9% in the last month.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 4.9% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 4.7% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 4.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 4.9% today and down 26.8% in the last month.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 4.2% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 4.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.