Energy stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 0.6% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.