Energy stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 0.6% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.