Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.0%, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 declined 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 0.9% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 0.7% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 0.4% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 10.9% today and down 36.7% in the last month.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 5.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc (SGYP): SGYP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 4.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.9% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.