Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 1.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 9.5% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 3.4% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 5.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 3.1% today and down 23.0% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.