Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 2.4% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 2.4% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 2.4% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM): XOM stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.