Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.3%, the Nasdaq was up 1.5% and the S&P 500 increased 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 3.2% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.0% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is up 1.9% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 3.3% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 2.0% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.