Energy stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.1% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 4.5% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 3.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is up 2.3% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 2.2% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 0.5% today and down 21.9% in the last month.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.