Energy stocks declined on Wall Street on Friday, down 2.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 5.5% today and down 26.1% in the last month.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 4.9% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 3.9% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 3.9% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 3.6% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 3.5% today and down 25.2% in the last month.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 3.6% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 3.1% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 3.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.