Financial stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Green Dot Corp (GDOT): GDOT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Astoria Financial Corp (AF): AF stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.