Financial stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Green Dot Corp (GDOT): GDOT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Astoria Financial Corp (AF): AF stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.