Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is up 7.9% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is up 5.5% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG): HIG stock is up 3.3% today.
- NBT Bancorp Inc (NBTB): NBTB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.6% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.3% today.
- UBS Ag Ordinary Shares When Iss (UBS): UBS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 4.5% today.
- Torchmark Corp (TMK): TMK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is down 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 1.9% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.9% today.
- W.R. Berkley Corp (WRB): WRB stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.