Financial stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Independent Bank (INDB): INDB stock is up 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 1.4% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 1.0% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 0.8% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 2.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 2.4% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 1.7% today.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Trustmark Corp (TRMK): TRMK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.