Financial stocks finished flat on Tuesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Cit Group Inc [Del] (CIT): CIT stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Travelers Companies Inc (TRV): TRV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is up 1.0% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is down 2.3% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 1.8% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Prospect Capital Corp (PSEC): PSEC stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is down 1.5% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.