Financial stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 1.3% today and up 26.9% in the last month.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC): SFNC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 1.1% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Bancfirst Corp (BANF): BANF stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is down 5.7% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 2.7% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 2.5% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 2.3% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 2.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.