Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 1.0% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 0.4% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 4.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC): SFNC stock is down 2.8% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bancfirst Corp (BANF): BANF stock is down 2.7% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 2.7% today.
- State Auto Financial Corp (STFC): STFC stock is down 2.6% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.