Financial stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 1.0% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is up 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 0.4% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 4.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC): SFNC stock is down 2.8% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bancfirst Corp (BANF): BANF stock is down 2.7% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 2.7% today.
- State Auto Financial Corp (STFC): STFC stock is down 2.6% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.