Financial stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Sei Investments Company (SEIC): SEIC stock is up 7.0% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 4.6% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 4.1% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 2.0% today.
- Banner Corp (BANR): BANR stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 1.8% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Ace Limited (ACE): ACE stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 3.9% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.9% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Renasant Corp (RNST): RNST stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.