Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.0% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Arch Capital Group Ltd (ACGL): ACGL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 0.4% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.