Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 2.2% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.1% today.
- Suntrust Banks (STI): STI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.8% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 0.8% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.