Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 2.2%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): RPTP stock is down 3.1% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.