Healthcare stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 8.1% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.