Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 6.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 0.7% today and up 21.6% in the last month.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 3.6% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 2.6% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 2.1% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.