Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 1.0% today and up 25.8% in the last month.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 3.4% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 3.0% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): RPTP stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.