Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 1.0% today and up 25.8% in the last month.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 0.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 3.4% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 3.0% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): RPTP stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.