Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 1.8% today and up 36.6% in the last month.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Amedisys Inc (AMED): AMED stock is up 1.3% today and up 30.9% in the last month.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 0.9% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is down 1.1% today and down 47.1% in the last month.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.