Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 7.1% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 6.8% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 5.6% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 4.3% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 4.2% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 3.7% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 2.9% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.3% today and down 23.7% in the last month.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.